Imperial Valley News
- Created on Tuesday, 11 September 2012 12:51
- Written by Imperial Valley News
Sacramento, California - Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. today announced appointments to his Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development (GO-Biz) executive team.
- Created on Tuesday, 11 September 2012 12:49
- Written by Karen Ross, California Agriculture Secretary
Sacramento, California - I love visiting schools. When I see all those young faces I see the future – bright-eyed children who will be leading us in 20, 30 or 40 years. Those of us in positions of responsibility have an obligation to provide our children with every opportunity to succeed in school and in life.
- Created on Tuesday, 11 September 2012 12:46
- Written by IVN
Sacramento, California - Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. today signed AB 1492, a sweeping bipartisan bill to strengthen California’s timber industry and protect thousands of jobs by eliminating regulatory fees on California companies, allowing extra time to harvest timber and preventing excessive civil liability for wildfires.
- Created on Tuesday, 11 September 2012 12:44
- Written by IVN
Sacramento, California - Governor Brown Issues Proclamation Declaring Patriot Day:
- Created on Monday, 10 September 2012 19:34
- Written by Imperial Valley news
San Diego, California - San Diego Zoo Global is announcing the launch of an Internet-based training program for animal care staff at zoos around the world. Offered under the banner of the San Diego Zoo Global Academy, the program offers a wide spectrum of teaching models that share the knowledge of experienced zoological professionals and was created in collaboration with the Birmingham Zoo, Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium, Smithsonian's National Zoological Park, Reid Park Zoo, Lowry Park Zoo and San Diego Zoo Global.
- Created on Monday, 10 September 2012 19:31
- Written by Lesley Fair - FTC
Washington, DC - If you use consumer testimonials in your ads or have clients who do, check out the FTC’s settlement with Jason Pharmaceuticals, a subsidiary of the diet company, Medifast, Inc. But to really explore what the case is about, we’ll need to take a trip back to 1992.
- Created on Monday, 10 September 2012 19:27
- Written by Green Liver
Sacramento, California - Assemblymember V. Manuel Pérez (D-Coachella) proudly announces that his regulatory streamlining bill AB 2205 was signed into law on Friday afternoon by Governor Jerry Brown. This is the first of Pérez’s seven bills from the 2012 session to receive a signature.
FTC Takes Action Against Companies Marketing Allegedly Unproven Natural Bed Bug and Head Lice Treatments
- Created on Monday, 10 September 2012 19:14
- Written by IVN
Washington, DC - The Federal Trade Commission filed deceptive advertising charges against two marketers of remedies for bed bug infestations, who allegedly failed to back up overhyped claims that they could prevent and eliminate infestations using natural ingredients, such as cinnamon and cedar oil. One marketer also allegedly made misleading claims that its products were effective against head lice.
- Obama, Romney appeal to different voter emotions
- Pastor Youcef Nadarkhani Released from Captivity
- Apps aiding law enforcement, public safety agencies
- U.S.-Sponsored India-Pakistan Girls Soccer Program Promotes Common Interests Through Sports
- Open Enrollment Mistakes Can Cost Up To $750 Yearly
- Hardy Boys To Hunger Games: Free Library Service Keeps Blind Children Reading
- Battery Check Today Can Keep The Tow Truck Away
- Programs Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month
- Being Prepared For Mother Nature’s Extremes
- Genes that suppress tumors are vital to regulating blood precursor cells