- Created on Friday, 04 April 2014 14:01
- Written by IVN
Medellin, Colombia - The Department of State is pleased to announce members of the U.S. Delegation attending the World Urban Forum (WUF) VII, to be held April 5 - April 11, 2014, in Medellin, Colombia.
- Shaun Donovan, Secretary of the Department of Housing and Urban Development (Head of Delegation)
- Carmen Lomellin, U.S. Permanent Representative to the Organization of American States (Alternate Head of Delegation)
- Salin Geevarghese, Deputy Assistant Secretary for the Office of International and Philanthropic Innovation, at the Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Lynette Poulton, U.S. Permanent Representative to the United Nations in Nairobi
- Harriet Tregoning, Director of the Office of Economic Resilience at the Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Jennifer Witriol, Associate Director of the Monitoring and Evaluation, Property Rights and Land Policy Team at the Millennium Challenge Cooperation
Other members of the U.S. Delegation include officials and technical experts from the White House, the Department of State, the Department of Housing and Urban Development, the U.S. Department of Agriculture, the U.S. Agency for International Development, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation, as well as members of the private sector, academia and NGO community.
The WUF VII is being organized by the United Nations Human Settlements Program, known as UN-Habitat. Habitat is the UN agency charged with promoting socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities. The United States believes the WUF represents an important opportunity to discuss urbanization in the context of our diplomatic and development priorities. Those priorities include global health, food security, climate change, women, girls and youth empowerment, public-private partnerships, innovation, and resilience.
For more information, please visit: http://wuf7.unhabitat.org/