- Created on Wednesday, 30 July 2014 09:05
- Written by NAPSI
Imperial, California (NAPSI) - There’s good news for those who get a kick out of soccer and are trying out for a team in the near future. Taking a few practical steps before the tryout can help them stand out on the field and make the most of their opportunity.
- Created on Saturday, 26 July 2014 16:49
- Written by San Diego Newscape
San Diego, California - The San Diego Chargers will host FanFest 2014, presented by Bud Light, on Saturday, August 2 at Qualcomm Stadium. It will be a special day for Chargers fans of all ages and, best of all, parking and admission are FREE.
- Created on Saturday, 12 July 2014 20:11
- Written by American Psychological Association
Washington, DC - College athletes who have abusive coaches are more willing to cheat in order to win than players with more ethical coaches, according to new research published by the American Psychological Association and based on surveys from almost 20,000 student athletes at more than 600 colleges across the country.
- Created on Monday, 07 July 2014 12:37
- Written by IVN
San Diego, California - The San Diego Sockers will hold their annual Open Tryout Camps at the Sockers Indoor Center (adjacent to the Valley View Casino Center) on July 12th and Saturday, August 16th from 3-6pm. The cost is $35 to register before the camp, or $45 (cash only) on the day of the camp. Call 760-795-0024 to pre-register.
President Obama Announces Presidential Delegation to the Federative Republic of Brazil to Attend the Final Match of the 2014 FIFA World Cup
- Created on Thursday, 26 June 2014 18:13
- Written by White House
Washington, DC - President Barack Obama today announced the designation of a Presidential Delegation to the Federative Republic of Brazil to attend the Final Match of the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Rio de Janeiro on July 13, 2014.
- Created on Wednesday, 25 June 2014 13:34
- Written by Patty Babb
Washington, DC - Forty seriously wounded, ill and injured Navy athletes have been chosen to represent Team Navy at the 2014 Warrior Games this fall.
- Created on Sunday, 22 June 2014 12:46
- Written by MIT News
Cambridge, Massachusetts - It happens every four years: The World Cup begins and some of the world’s most skilled players carefully line up free kicks, take aim - and shoot way over the goal.
Assistant Secretary Ryan To Participate in Google+ Hangout on Empowering Women and Girls Through Sports
- Created on Wednesday, 11 June 2014 16:21
- Written by State Department
Washington, DC - The eyes of the world will be on the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil starting this week, and to kick off the events, today Assistant Secretary of State for Educational and Cultural Affairs Evan Ryan will participate in a Google+ Hangout entitled “Girls and Women’s Empowerment: How Sports Can Promote Gender Equality.”
- Mindfulness Training Program May Help Olympic Athletes Reach Peak Performance
- Mayo Clinic Study Reveals Types and Severity of Youth Ice Hockey Injuries
- California Grown at the races - where it all started for California Chrome
- Youth Soccer Coaches from Egypt, Libya, Tunisia, and Yemen Visit United States Ahead of the World Cup
- White House sports summit: Subconcussive blows damage kids' brains
- NFF Proudly Announces Impressive 2014 College Football Hall of Fame Class
- U.S. Department of State Announces NBA-WNBA Sports Envoy Program to South Korea Featuring Alex English and Nykesha Sales
- Golfers: Tee Up Common Sense with These Tips
- Traveling to the World Cup in Brazil: Department of State Google+ Hangout
- Off-season Tips For Your Young Athlete