- Created on Thursday, 07 March 2013 21:45
- Written by IVN
Salt Lake City, Utah - With assistance from police departments in Boise, Idaho and Cedar City, Utah, special agents with the FBI Salt Lake City Division have linked five bank robberies in two neighboring states to one man. Now, law enforcement officials are requesting media and public assistance to help identify the bandit.
Witnesses to the bank robberies have generally described him as a white male, approximately 50 to 60 years old with grey hair. During each robbery, he either verbally demands cash or displays a note; no weapon has been reported. Some witnesses have described him as approximately 5’9” to 5’10” in height and weighing 145 to 180 pounds. His clothing description has varied, but he has been seen in blue jeans; gray, green, and navy blue jackets; white sneakers; glasses; a green ball cap; and carrying a red bag. He was seen wearing what is believed to be a fake beard during a robbery in Boise on March 6, 2013.
Anyone who believes they may know the identity of this bank robber is asked to contact the FBI Salt Lake City Division at (801) 579-1400. The public is reminded not to approach the individual and to contact law enforcement with information.
The subject has been linked to the following bank robberies in Idaho and Utah:
- March 6, 2013: U.S. Bank on Five Mile and Fairview in Boise, Idaho
- February 26, 2013: Mountain America Credit Union on Royal Hunte Drive in Cedar City, Utah
- January 22, 2013: Wells Fargo Bank on Five Mile and Ustick in Boise, Idaho
- January 4, 2013: Washington Trust Bank on State Street in Garden City, Idaho
- December 21, 2012: Chase Bank on Federal Way in Boise, Idaho
Photos of the suspect: