Twentynine Palms, California - Visiting Joshua Tree National Park in the summer can be a relaxing and scenic experience away from the crowds during high season.Certain preparations and precautions should be observed by visitors in order to ensure a safe and pleasurable trip.
- Stay hydrated. Nothing is more crucial to desert survival than water. Bring plenty of it and drink it!
- Bring proper clothing to include a hat and sensible, breathable fabrics and wear sunscreen.
- If you plan to hike, get an early start when temperatures are cooler.
- Know your abilities and level of fitness.There are trails for everyone.Ask for suggestions at the visitor center.
- Make sure your transportation is in good condition, especially if you will be travelling to remote areas. Please observe road signs that indicate "High Clearance Only".
- Cell phones do not have coverage in the park and GPSs aren't always reliable due to terrain.
Following these simple rules will make your visit to Joshua Tree National Park a safe, enjoyable trip.For park information, call (760) 367-5500.