- Created on Monday, 06 February 2012 04:33
- Written by NAPSI
Imperial, California (NAPSI) - While the real estate market remains a challenge for those looking to sell, some simple staging and remodeling tips can help make your home more attractive to prospective buyers.
Bathrooms can sell houses but not if they are lackluster and out of date. While it can be easy to spend five figures on a complete remodel, there are less expensive ways to give your bathroom a fresh new look. For example, a little paint, some fresh flowers and new shower fixtures can take your bathroom from outdated to outstanding.
Here are a few tips to help:
• If you can’t afford to replace outdated wallpaper, work with the colors you already have. Buy some matching towels or a new shower curtain to coordinate the look.
• If you can paint, it’s an easy weekend project that will brighten the space. Go for lighter colors; white is a classic.
• Clear off the counters. This is especially important in a smaller bathroom to create the illusion of more space.
• Clean the bathroom thoroughly. Make sure everything sparkles.
• Styles change, so if possible, update your shower fixtures. Finding fixtures in styles that fit your decor doesn’t have to break your budget. For example, Speakman offers modern and traditional collections in a variety of finishes.
The Neo Collection adds bold style for a modern look, while the graceful curvature of the hardware in the Alexandria Collection helps create a luxurious feel. The distinctive details of the Caspian Collection offer an unconventional, modern touch and the Rainier Collection delivers a unique square design so bold it can update any traditionally styled bathroom.
Stylish and innovative valves, designer faucets and accessories can be obtained to cost effectively coordinate your remodeling efforts.
• Add a touch of luxury. Scented candles, spa accessories and rolled towels can help create the sense of a spa.
• Add a plant or a bouquet of flowers for a burst of color.
For more information, visit www.speakmanshowers.com.