- Created on Monday, 13 January 2014 09:30
- Written by NAPSI
Imperial, California (NAPSI) - Finding ways to save and turn problems into profits is a key quality that’s shared by successful small businesses that have found a way to separate themselves from the rest of the pack.
To help you and your business do the same, here are some tips.
• Shine a light on savings by making sure to turn out the lights in areas of the office that are not being used. Another option is to install motion sensor lights that will automatically turn lights on and off when people enter or leave a room. The savings in your utility bill will soon be visible.
• Cut back on waste and save on mailings by cleaning up your mailing list. Start by making sure that the materials you are sending out are being sent to active accounts. Get rid of bad addresses, inactive customers and undeliverable mail.
• Print it yourself. One way some businesses maintain control over printing costs—and their brand—is to do their printing in-house whenever possible.
For example, thanks to a new app, iClickn’Print, a growing number of businesses are finding they can now maintain more control over the look of their stationery and business materials by doing their own printing.
That’s the word from Mafcote, the company that created iClickn’Print. The app is designed to let business owners design their own branded business materials, such as stationery, business cards, envelopes, letterhead, and posters and signage, from their own computers, then print them from their own printer.
To make the process even easier, businesses can purchase printing paper and templates that are compatible with the app made by Geographics or Royal Brites branded paper.
In addition to saving money, the app also gives a business more control over where and when the printing gets done. Plus, the application works from your computer’s Internet browser. That means there’s no need to install the program onto your computer.
• When it comes to communicating what your brand is and what your business is about, do all that you can to stay focused on your message. Keep your statements, both verbal and written, simple and consistent, and make sure they reflect your key messages.
One way to do that is to make sure your name, logo and graphics—including signage—communicate your brand.
That means you need a logo and color scheme that complement your verbal message and create a cohesive presentation for all your materials and website. This can help to create savings by cutting back on printing excess materials that don’t reflect the brand.
• Savvy small businesses know how to save by knowing where and when to spend. For example, many small businesses see money spent on marketing and promotions for the holidays as an investment, whether it’s to attract new customers or to reward existing customers for their loyalty.
To learn more, visit www.iclicknprint.com.