- Created on Saturday, 07 December 2013 14:28
- Written by Carla Collado-Martinez
Los Angeles, California - In its fourth and final quarterly report of 2013, the UCLA Anderson Forecast asserts that the national economy is growing despite the self-inflicted wounds of the 16-day federal government shutdown and the effects of the botched rollout of the Affordable Care Act's insurance marketplace on the health care sector, which accounts for 18 percent of the economy.
- Created on Saturday, 07 December 2013 13:42
- Written by Jennifer Chu
Cambridge, Massachusetts - For the past three decades, as the climate has warmed, the massive plates of sea ice in the Arctic Ocean have shrunk: In 2007, scientists observed nearly 50 percent less summer ice than had been seen in 1980.
- Created on Saturday, 07 December 2013 13:17
- Written by Tim Comerford
Arlington, Virginia - Naval History and Heritage Command's (NHHC) two youngest Sailors honored the veterans of the attack on Pearl Harbor with a wreath laying ceremony, sponsored by the Naval Order of the United States, at Arlington National Cemetery's Tomb of the Unknowns, December 7.
- Created on Friday, 06 December 2013 20:05
- Written by IVN
Los Angeles, California - A Tacoma, Washington gang member was sentenced today to 13 years in prison for his role in a violent, take-over style bank robbery ring, announced U.S. Attorney Jenny A. Durkan. Anthony V. Mosley, 46, joined with six other defendants in a series of bank robberies in Washington, Ohio, and Michigan. Sometimes, Mosley was the getaway driver; sometimes he was in the robbery team threatening and demanding money in the banks.
- Created on Friday, 06 December 2013 19:34
- Written by IVN
Washington, DC - NASA researchers will present new findings on a wide range of Earth and space science topics next week at the annual meeting of the American Geophysical Union (AGU).
- Created on Friday, 06 December 2013 17:28
- Written by State Department
Washington, DC - The Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor will host a showing of the celebrated documentary “There Was Once…” on December 10th in commemoration of Human Rights Day.
- Created on Friday, 06 December 2013 17:17
- Written by IVN
Washington, DC - The Bureau of Economic and Business Affairs is pleased to announce the selection of 12 finalists for the Secretary of State’s prestigious 2013 Award for Corporate Excellence (ACE).
- Created on Thursday, 05 December 2013 17:39
- Written by Danielle Nierenberg
Washington, DC - The United Nations recently declared 2014 as the International Year of Family Farming (IYFF). This the first United Nations year that is the result of a campaign by civil society, the World Rural Forum (WRF) campaigned heavily for the year and it was backed by more than 360 civil and farmers’ organizations in five continents.
- Former Medical Doctor Sentenced to 20 Years in Prison for Engaging in Illicit Sexual Conduct with Minors
- NASA's Latest Space Technology Small Satellite Phones Home
- Nimitz Strike Group Makes Brief Stop in Pearl Harbor
- NASA iPad Application Shows Earth Changing Before Your Eyes
- San Diego Zoo Global Joins Cheetah Breeding Coalition
- Former Governor of State of Tamaulipas, Mexico Indicted
- ICE, international law enforcement agencies seize 706 domain names selling counterfeit merchandise
- NASA Holds Google+ Hangout on Cassini's Findings at Saturn
- Loss of wetland biodiversity increases disease risk in frogs
- Financial Resolutions