- Created on Tuesday, 09 October 2012 19:47
- Written by Green Liver
Imperial, California - Imperial Irrigation District is celebrating Public Power Week October 7-13, along with more than 2,000 other electric utilities that provide electricity on a not-for-profit basis.
Each day, as public power providers across the nation light up homes, businesses and streets of the communities they serve, customers can take advantage of the many benefits associated with public power. These benefits include lower rates, responsiveness to customer concerns, local control and community focus.
In recognition of Public Power Week 2012, the district will host a series of light bulb exchange events in the Imperial and Coachella valleys. Bring in five used incandescent bulbs and receive five free compact fluorescent light bulbs. CFLs produce the same amount of light, use 75 percent less electricity and last longer than standard incandescent bulbs.
Schedule of Events:
Oct. 10 – 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Brawley Chamber of Commerce, 204 South Imperial Ave.
• La Quinta Public Library, 78-275 Calle Tampico
Oct. 17 – 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• El Centro IID Customer Service Center, 1285 Broadway
• Indio City Hall, 100 Civic Center Mall
Oct. 24 – 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Calexico IID Customer Service Center, 301 Imperial Ave.
• Coachella City Hall, 1515 Sixth St.
Oct. 31 – 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Niland Community Center, 8031 Hwy. 111
• El Centro One Stop Center, 2695 S. 4th St.
These events are open to IID customers. Participants must present a valid California ID or driver license and a copy of their IID utility bill. Customers can exchange a maximum of five bulbs per account, while supplies last.
For more information, please call (760) 482-3673 or visit www.iid.com/bulbexchange.