- Created on Tuesday, 17 June 2014 12:23
- Written by NAPSI
Palm Springs, California (NAPSI) - There’s helpful news for people with Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias. There are practical steps family caregivers can take to make an environment safer whether that environment is a room or an entire home.
To help, here are some tips from the experts at Brookdale’s ClareBridge communities—communities purposefully designed for the safety and comfort of people living with Alzheimer’s:
• Minimize clutter and obstacles in the home.
• Make sure floors are not slippery.
• Choose contrasting colors for the floor, chairs and tables in an area.
• Use décor and furniture in each room to distinguish the purpose of the room.
Brookdale’s experts believe a safe environment can contribute to the independence of a person living with Alzheimer’s.
Visit Brookdale at www.brookdale.com or call 1-855-444-7658.