- Created on Tuesday, 18 March 2014 09:58
- Written by IVN
Sacramento, California - With California facing its worst water shortage crisis in modern history, the California Governor's Office of Emergency Services (Cal OES) is joining Save Our Water - a partnership between the Association of California Water Agencies(ACWA) and the California Department of Water Resources
(DWR) - to launch the 'Californians Don't Waste' campaign, bringing awareness of simple ways citizens can save water every day.
The campaign is kicking off this week with the release of several Public Service Announcement (PSA) videos focused on the simple, yet critical, message "We Are Californians and We Don't Waste Water." The objective of these short videos is to expand water use efficiency and conservation at home, in the workplace, at school or anywhere.
"Every drop counts and we can all do our part to save water, because we don't know how long this drought will last, only Mother Nature knows," said Cal OES Director Mark Ghilarducci.
"Californians Don't Waste" also aims to tap into Californians' can-do spirit and creativity by encouraging the public to join in the effort and share their creative methods to minimize water use. From videos, pictures and even tweets, Save Our Water and Cal OES will showcase publicly created content as part of the campaign. Californians can share their content on the Save Our Water Facebook page using #SaveOurWater.
Everyone is encouraged to share these PSAs to keep water conservation top of mind and demonstrate how simple change of habits can help every Californian, now and in the future. Visit, the Cal OES Conservation Toolkit webpage to view, download and share these videos: http://bit.ly/water-psa.
You can tweet these short videos using some of these suggested tweets:
- Check out these videos that show how easy it is to #SaveOurWater #CADrought http://bit.ly/water-psa.
- In the bath, doing laundry and even in the car wash, simple change of habits can help during this #CADdrought #SaveOurWater http://bit.ly/water-psa.
- Never too young to start teaching your kids to #SaveOurWater http://bit.ly/water-psa. #babybath #bubbles #splashysplash
- From San Diego, to Eureka, San Francisco and in-between - We are Californians and We Don't Waste Water! http://bit.ly/water-psa.
Visit Drought.CA.Gov to learn more about how California is dealing with the effects of the drought, and for more water conservation ideas, visit SaveOurH2O.org and follow Cal OES on Twitter and Facebook!