- Created on Friday, 19 April 2013 15:09
- Written by CDFA
Sacramento, California - As CDFA Secretary Karen Ross and the entire California delegation return from the China Trade and Investment Mission, we thought we’d take a look back at the stops they made along the way to promote trade and forge new relationships.
California’s agricultural exports to China are on the increase – up 25 percent last year alone – and this trip has given our growers an important opportunity to continue that trend.
- Following a meeting in Beijing with China’s Chamber of Commerce for Import & Export of Foodstuffs, Native Produce and Animal By-Products (CNFA). Back Row: Michael Gallo, Joseph Gallo Farms and member of California State Board of Food and Agriculture; Sean Martin, Driscoll’s; Chris Rosander, California Raisin Administrative Committee; Jay Behmke, Yao Family Wines. Front Row: Cathy Calfo, California Certified Organic Farmers; Michael Rue, California Rice Commission; CDFA Secretary Karen Ross; Melissa Poole, Paramount Farms; Julie Adams, California Almond Board.
- Governor Brown signs an agreement on trade with Chinese government officials. California witnesses included Caroline Beteta, Visit California; CDFA Secretary Karen Ross; Michael Rossi; Nancy McFadden; and, Anne Gust Brown.
- Secretary Ross (speaking) and representatives of several California agricultural companies attended the California-China Agriculture & Export Forum in Shanghai. seated beside the secretary are Julie Adams and John Harris. Back row: Michael Rue, Chris Rossander, Don Parrachie and John Weisz.
- Governor Brown offers comments at the Shanghai forum. In the background is Peter Huo, in-country representative for Wine Institute.
- Governor Brown speaks at the opening ceremony of the California-China Office of Trade and Investment in Shanghai.
- On the Shanghai River: Secretary Ross and California High Speed Rail Authority Chairman Dan Richard.
- On the Shanghai River: Secretary Ross and Michael Gallo of Joseph Gallo Farms and a member of California State Board of Food and Agriculture.
- CDFA Secretary Karen Ross searches for California exports at the Jiangnan Fruit and Vegetable Wholesale Market in Guangzhou.
- CDFA Secretary Karen Ross with Chris Rosander of the California Raisin Administrative Committee, and US Agricultural Trade Office Director Jorge Sanchez.
The agricultural delegation joining Governor Brown and Secretary Ross were as follows:
- Julie Adams, Vice President, Global Technical and Regualtory Affairs, Almond Board of California
- David Ahlem, Vice President, General Manager, Hilmar Cheese
-Jay Behmke, Managing Director, Yao Family Wines
-Cathy Calfo, Executive Director and Chief Executive Officer, California Certified Organic Farmers
-Michael Gallo, Co-Owner and Chief Executive Officer, Joseph Gallo Farms and Joseph Farms Cheese
-John Harris, President, Harris Farms
-Robert Koch, President and Chief Executive Officer, the Wine Institute
-Sean Martin, Chief Financial officer, Driscoll’s
-Don Peracchi, Owner, DJ farms
-Melissa Poole, Director of Government Affairs, Paramount Farming Company; Counsel, Roll Law Group
-Mack Ramsey, California Strawberry Commission
-Chris Rosander, International Program Coordinator, Raisin Administrative Committee
-Michael Rue, General Partner, Rue and Forsman Ranch
-Pete Weber, Co-Chair, California Friends of the San Joaquin Valley
-John Weisz, Farming Organizer, Driscoll’s