- Created on Wednesday, 26 September 2012 15:36
- Written by Imperial Valley News
Sacramento, California - Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. today announced that he has signed the following bills related to the treatment and welfare of animals:
· AB 1162 by Assemblymember Wesley Chesbro (D-Eureka) – Wildlife: poaching.
· AB 1776 by Assemblymember Paul Fong (D-Mountain View) – State government: Pacific leatherback sea turtle.
· AB 2609 by Assemblymember Ben Hueso (D-Chula Vista) – Fish and Game Commission.
· SB 1107 by Senator Tom Berryhill (R-Stanislaus) – Automated License Data System: nonprofit conservation organizations.
· SB 1162 by Senator Sharon Runner (R-Antelope Valley) – Animal control: tranquilizers.
· SB 1221 by Senator Ted Lieu (D-Torrance) – Mammals: use of dogs to pursue bears and bobcats.
· SB 1229 by Senator Fran Pavley (D-Agoura Hills) – Real property: rentals: animals.
· SB 1249 by Senator Lois Wolk (D-Davis) – Department of Fish and Game: lands: expenditures.
· SB 1500 by Senator Ted Lieu (D-Torrance) – Seized and abandoned animals: full costs: forfeiture.
The Governor also announced that he has vetoed the following bill:
SB 1480 by Senator Ellen Corbett (D-San Leandro) – Trapping. A veto message can be found here.