- Created on Wednesday, 26 September 2012 15:20
- Written by Imperial Valley News
Sacramento, California - Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. today announced that he has signed the following bills to improve education in California:
· AB 644 by Assemblymember Robert Blumenfield (D-Van Nuys) – Schools: average daily attendance: online instruction.
· AB 1723 by Assemblymember Felipe Fuentes (D-Los Angeles) – Postsecondary educational institutions: meetings: live video and audio transmission.
· AB 1955 by Assemblymember Marty Block (D-San Diego) – Public postsecondary education: campus law enforcement agency and student liaison.
· AB 1967 by Assemblymember John A. Pérez (D-Los Angeles) – Pupil instruction: health and science education: organ and tissue donation.
· AB 2122 by Assemblymember Ricardo Lara (D-South Gate) – Standardized testing: testing accommodations.
· AB 2269 by Assemblymember Sandré Swanson (D-Oakland) – Pupil instruction: Labor History Month.
· AB 2296 by Assemblymember Marty Block (D-San Diego) – California Private Postsecondary Education Act of 2009.
· AB 2307 by Assemblymember Betsy Butler (D-Marina Del Rey) – School employees: reemployment.
· AB 2435 by Assemblymember Roger Hernández (D-Baldwin Park) – Education finance: indirect cost rates.
· AB 2491 by Assemblymember Robert Blumenfield (D-Van Nuys) – Pupil instruction: gifted and talented pupil program: standard for pupil identification.
· AB 2662 by Committee on Education – Education.
· SB 121 by Senator Carol Liu (D-Pasadena) – Pupils: foster children: special education.
· SB 298 by Senator Kevin De Leon (D-Los Angeles) – Charter schools: at-risk pupils: Los Angeles County Board of Education.
· SB 754 by Senator Alex Padilla (D-Pacoima) – School funding: economic impact aid.
· SB 960 by Senator Michael Rubio (D-Bakersfield) – California State University: campus-based mandatory fees.
· SB 1028 by Committee on Budget and Fiscal Review – Education finance.
· SB 1290 by Senator Elaine Alquist (D-Santa Clara) – Charter schools: establishment, renewal, and revocation.
· SB 1458 by Senator Darrell Steinberg (D-Sacramento) – School accountability: Academic Performance Index: graduation rates.
· SB 1568 by Senator Mark DeSaulnier (D-Concord) – Pupils: foster children: educational placement.
The Governor also announced that he has vetoed the following bills:
· AB 1811 by Assemblymember Susan Bonilla (D-Concord) – Charter schools: funding. A veto message can be found here.
· AB 1919 by Assemblymember Julia Brownley (D-Santa Monica) – Pupils: achievement data: charter schools. A veto message can be found here.
· SB 885 by Senator Joe Simitian (D-Palo Alto) – Public education accountability: longitudinal education data system. A veto message can be found here.
· SB 1235 by Senator Darrell Steinberg (D-Sacramento) – Pupils: suspension. A veto message can be found here.
SB 1497 by Senator Gloria Negrete McLeod (D-Chino) – Pupil data: dropouts: report. A veto message can be found here.