- Created on Tuesday, 25 September 2012 20:14
- Written by Imperial Valley News
Sacramento, California - Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. today announced that he has signed the following bills to improve the mortgage industry and protect consumers:
· AB 1551 by Assemblymember Norma Torres (D-Pomona) – Housing.
· AB 1599 by Assemblymember Mike Feuer (D-Los Angeles) – Mortgages and deeds of trust: foreclosure.
· AB 1679 by Assemblymember Susan Bonilla (D-Concord) – Landlord-tenant relations: security deposits.
· AB 1797 by Assemblymember Norma Torres (D-Pomona) – Mobilehome Park Purchase Fund.
· AB 1950 by Assemblymember Mike Davis (D-Los Angeles) – Prohibited business practices: enforcement.
· AB 2521 by Assemblymember Robert Blumenfield (D-Van Nuys) – Landlord and tenant: personal property remaining on premises after termination of tenancy.
· AB 2570 by Assmeblymember Jerry Hill (D-South San Francisco) – Licensees: settlement agreements.
· AB 2610 by Assemblymember Nancy Skinner (D-Berkeley) – Tenants: foreclosure and unlawful detainer.
· SB 980 by Senator Juan Vargas (D-San Diego) – Mortgage loans.
· SB 1058 by Senator Ted Lieu (D-Torrance) – Victims of Corporate Fraud Compensation Fund.
· SB 1191 by Senator Joe Simitian (D-Palo Alto) – Landlord-tenant relations: disclosure of notice of default.
· SB 1449 by Senator Ronald Calderon (D-Montebello) – Life insurance and annuities.
· SB 1474 by Senator Loni Hancock (D-Berkeley) – Grand jury proceedings: Attorney General: powers and duties.
Governor Brown also announced that he has signed the following bills to improve the management of state fish and wildlife resources:
· AB 2402 by Assemblymember Jared Huffman (D-San Rafael) – Department of Fish and Game: Fish and Game Commission.
· SB 1148 by Senator Fran Pavley (D-Agoura Hills) – Fish and Game Commission: Department of Fish and Game. A signing message can be found here.
The Governor also announced that he has vetoed the following bill:
· SB 750 by Senator Ed Hernandez (D-Los Angeles) – Vehicles: key information access. A veto message can be found here.