- Created on Monday, 28 July 2014 21:42
- Written by IVN
Los Angeles, California - A suspect known as the Quad Bandit is believed to have robbed nine banks in multiple cities, including one earlier this week in Anaheim Hills, according to investigators with multiple law enforcement agencies in Los Angeles and Orange Counties who are working jointly to identify the suspect.
The unidentified male suspect was nicknamed the Quad Bandit after he either robbed or attempted to rob four separate banks in the city of Buena Park in April 2014. Since then, the suspect has been linked to bank robberies or attempted bank robberies in the cities of Cerritos; La Habra; Anaheim; and Anaheim Hills. The crimes were linked based on evidence including descriptions by victim tellers and bank surveillance photos that are being released to the media. During the robberies, the suspect known as the Quad Bandit typically passes a note and makes a verbal demand for cash. In some of the robberies, the Quad Bandit has threatened a weapon or has appeared to have gestured toward what might be a weapon, according to victims. The suspect is further described as follows:
- Race: White
- Height: 5’8” to 5’9” tall
- Weight: 150 to 160 pounds
- Age: Approximately 40 to 50 years old
- Eyes: Wears sunglasses
- Hair: Dirty blonde
- Facial hair: Goatee, stubble growth
- Clothing: Wears baseball cap; including L.A Dodgers
The Quad Bandit has been linked to the following bank robberies or attempted robberies:
- March 22, 2014: Wells Fargo Bank Buena Park (Attempt)
- March 22, 2014: Bank of America Buena Park (Attempt)
- March 22, 2014: Chase Bank Buena Park (Attempt)
- March 22, 2014: Chase Bank Buena Park
- June 16, 2014: Wells Fargo Bank Cerritos (Attempt)
- June 16, 2014: Chase Bank Cerritos
- July 3, 2014: U.S. Bank La Habra
- July 3, 2014: Opus Bank Anaheim
- July 23, 2014: Union Bank Anaheim Hills
Anyone with information about the identity or whereabouts of the suspect is urged to contact their nearest FBI office or dial 911.
The investigation to identify and locate the Quad Bandit is being conducted jointly by the FBI; the Orange County Sheriff’s Department; the Buena Park Police Department; La Habra Police Department; the Anaheim Police Department; and the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.
Additional information about bank robbers currently wanted by the FBI’s Los Angeles Division and its law enforcement partners can be found at www.labankrobbers.org.