- Created on Monday, 21 July 2014 21:52
- Written by IVN
Sacramento, California - The California Department of Veterans Affairs (CalVet) is honored to announce Liz Perez–Halperin as keynote speaker at our 2014 Summit on Women Veterans on August 24, 2014.
Ms. Perez-Halperin, a U.S. Navy Veteran deployed during the Iraq War, worked as an Aviation Logistics Specialist. A successful entrepreneur, she is the founder and CEO of GC Green Incorporated, a general contracting and consulting firm focused on getting veterans into the green energy industry. In 2013, the White House named her a Champion of Change for her widely respected work on clean energy and environmental issues. In addition to running her own company, Ms. Perez-Halperin has been very active in a number of other organizations, and served on the American Council of Young Political Leaders as a delegate to Japan.
Her address will focus on women successfully transitioning from the military to successful careers, business ownership opportunities and community service. These topics are of great importance to the hundreds of women expected to attend the 7th annual Summit on Women Veterans.
The Summit, titled "Bridging Gaps, Breaking Barriers," at the Sacramento Sheraton Grand Hotel on August 24 – 25, 2014, will feature several important workshops for California women Veterans, including educational benefits, financial literacy, and starting a business. Attendees will also hear from employers from several companies and industries who will share tips and answer questions about getting hired.
Additional Summit Information
- The 2014 Summit on Women Veterans is open to the public, and will be held at the Sheraton Grand Hotel, 1230 J Street, Sacramento, from 10AM August 24to 5:30PM August 25. Check-in begins at 9AM on August 24. To pre-register, go to www.calvet.ca.gov/womenvets or call (916) 916-503-8334 for more information.
- This year for the first time, a "Dress Code" closet will also be available so Women Veterans can select gently used and new business attire.
- CalVet will present Woman Veteran Leader of the Year, Lifetime Achievement, Outstanding Volunteer, and California Corporate Leadership awareds at the Summit.
- To read more about Ms.Perez-Halperin, go to www.calvet.ca.gov/womenvets.
Sponsors for the 2014 Summit on Women Veterans
This year's Summit is possible due to funding provided by VetFund Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit promoting the interests of California Veterans and active duty service members. Additional sponsors include Wells Fargo, PG&E, USAA, Disabled American Veterans, Oracle, Kaiser Permanente, Deloitte, the California State University, CA Technologies, the California Lottery, Drexel University Sacramento, the California Veterans Benefit Fund, Ashford University, and the Association of California Commissions for Women.